Discoveries and Surveys in New Guinea JOHN MORESBY 1876 1st Edition Papua
Discoveries and Surveys in New Guinea and the D'Entrecasteaux Islands. A Cruise in Polynesia and Visits to the Pearl-Shelling Stations in Torres Straits of H. London: John Murray 1876 (1st Edition). Approx Size: 6 x 9 inches (15 x 23 cms).
Xviii, 327, 32 printed pages. Publisher's blue cloth binding with gilt illustration to front board and spine. Spine darkened, a little light rubbing to boards. Heavy foxing to prelims up to half title page, spotting to page edges, clean text throughout.
Complete with all maps and plates. Three of the plates have a light stain to upper margin. The large fold-out map has an area of browning to reverse and a few short tears with old repairs. Overall Condition is Very Good. Why not take a look...
Keywords: Papua New Guinea, Pacific Ocean. The item "Discoveries and Surveys in New Guinea JOHN MORESBY 1876 1st Edition Papua" is in sale since Sunday, February 21, 2021. This item is in the category "Books, Comics & Magazines\Antiquarian & Collectable". The seller is "tarringtonbooks" and is located in Tarrington, Herefordshire. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Publisher: John Murray
- Signed: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Subject: Exploration & Travel
- Year Printed: 1876
- Special Attributes: 1st Edition
- Origin: English
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United Kingdom
- Original/Facsimile: Original
- Original/Reproduction: Original
- Region: Australia, Oceania
- Format: Hardback
- Date of Publication: 1850-1899
- Printing Year: 1850-1899
- Author: John Moresby
- Modified Item: No
- Personalised: No
- Fiction Subject: Non-Fiction
- Non-Fiction Subject: Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- Place of Publication: London
- Weight: 1300g
- Language: English
- Condition: Used
- Inventory Number: 1206T016